40th-Edition Open House
Join us for a special 40th anniversary edition of Open House. Along with an opportunity to roam the various buildings of our campus, meet current Artists, and experience works in progress, the day will feature film and performances by Headlands Alumni, including jazz musician Beth Custer (AIR ’98, ’91), and dance collective Fog Beast. Stop by the Project Space installations by Artists in Residence Hannah Jayanti and Weston Teruya, grab lunch from the Mess Hall, and join us for a birthday toast at 5:30PM.
Schedule of Events (stay tuned for additional details)
- 12:30–1:30PM, The Gym: Beth Custer (AIR ’98, ’91) performs a solo composition reflecting on the beauty of the Gym itself and its place within the broader context of Headlands Center for the Arts
- 2PM and 4PM, The Eastwing: Performance by Fog Beast
- 5:30PM, The Commons: Join Headlands alumni Artists in chorus, led by Monique Jenkinson (AIR ’17), as we sing a Happy Birthday to Headlands. Headlands alumni are invited to bring an instrument, come in your finest anniversary costume, and join together in song as we celebrate 40 years of supporting the creative process. Cake and a champagne toast will follow.
Although we’re increasing event capacity and opening up more of the campus, we’re also continuing to safeguard against the spread of COVID-19 by encouraging reservations and requiring masks worn indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- All visitors, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask over the nose and mouth at all times while indoors—no neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas, or face coverings with valves, mesh, or holes.
- Contact tracing is an important part of reducing the spread of COVID-19. Please contact email@example.com if you test positive for COVID-19 or experience COVID-19 symptoms following your visit.
- Mess Hall food service ends at 4:30PM.
Parking is limited to street parking and overflow parking at the Visitor Center lot. If you can, we encourage you to carpool, bike, or take the bus. Get more info on transportation and directions.
First-floor spaces in use for this event (Mess Hall, Key Room, Latrine, The Commons) are accessible to people with mobility aids. Second- and third-floor spaces (including Project Space) are currently accessible only by stairs.