“Tell Them We Were Here” & Vetiver
RESCHEDULED: NEW DATE NOV 7
This event is at capacity with a full waitlist. No admittance without a reservation. Thank you.
Headlands Center for the Arts presents an outdoor screening of Tell Them We Were Here, a film by Griff and Keelan Williams, with a special live performance by San Francisco folk-rock stalwarts Vetiver.
Tell Them We Were Here is a filmic love letter to the community-minded, non-commercial artists living and working in the San Francisco Bay Area. From social justice projects to experimental media art to off-the-wall performance, Tell Them We Were Here celebrates a range of artistic approaches that together represent the region’s renegade spirit. Featuring, among others, Sadie Barnette (AIR ‘19), Amy Franceschini (AIR ‘03) and Michael Swaine (AIR ‘03) of Futurefarmers, Jim Goldberg, Tucker Nichols (AFF ‘11–’14, AIR ‘10), Lynn Hershman Leeson, Alicia McCarthy (AIR ‘99), Nigel Poor of Ear Hustle.
Vetiver is the long running stage and recording name of San Francisco’s Andy Cabic. Vetiver craft nuanced, understated songs that reward careful listening.
Boxed meals will be available for purchase. Menu subject to change:
Two tacos with either grilled chicken or black bean and mixed vegetables; house-made blue-corn tortillas, pickled red onions, cilantro, tomatillo salsa. $10
Sparkling water. $2
Dress in layers (and maybe bring a blanket!), it can get chilly in the evening.
This is an outdoor event, with reservations required.
- Upon arrival, all visitors must sign in, submit that they have no COVID-19 symptoms, and provide proof of COVID vaccination. Acceptable forms of proof of vaccination can be found here.
- All visitors, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask over the nose and mouth at all times while indoors—no neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas, or face coverings with valves, mesh, or holes.
- All visitors must maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet from others. Parties of a single pod may remain together and children must remain with supervising adults at all times.
- Mask and social distancing guidelines apply indoors; masks required outdoors when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Contact tracing is an important part of reducing the spread of COVID-19. Please contact email@example.com if you test positive for COVID-19 or experience COVID-19 symptoms following your visit.