Headlands Center for the Arts is dedicated to providing a supportive, creative and stimulating work environment where staff and interns are encouraged to reach their full potential and are recognized for their contributions to the organization.
Current Openings & Opportunities
Click on the job titles below to learn more. Interested in learning more about Headlands’ internship program? We offer live-in and live-out internships year round with focuses on Communications, Development, Operations and Programming. Contact Madeleine Wilhite for an overview of internship descriptions and more information on how to apply.
Full Time Facilities Assistant
REPORTS TO: Facilities Manager
STATUS: Salaried, Non-Exempt [see compensation below]
SCHEDULE: 40hrs/week (1FTE). Sundays and some evening hours required.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should submit a single PDF attachment that includes both a cover letter, resume, and list of 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org The subject line of your email should be: Facilities Assistant/your name.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Headlands Center for the Arts. Due to the volume of applicants, only candidates who will be invited to interview will be contacted. Position is open until filled.
The Facilities Assistant works under the supervision of the Facilities Manager and directly with the rest of the staff to provide care and maintenance for Headlands’ nine historic buildings and immediate grounds and for public programs and special events. The job includes a range of responsibilities, from basic janitorial work to plumbing and carpentry, waste disposal, vehicle maintenance, and furniture set up. The Facilities Assistant also assists the Facilities Manager with renovation and construction projects as time permits, and plays a key role in providing technical program support: setting up sound and equipment for events, and maintaining Headlands’ woodshop and studio spaces for use by Headlands Artists.
- The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, creative and resourceful individual with the ability to handle a range of tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Must be people-oriented and enjoy working collaboratively in an informal, creative, and fast-paced environment.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate skills and experience sufficient to carry out the responsibilities listed below.
- Knowledge of carpentry and auto mechanics is a plus; flexibility, humor, and grace under pressure are essential.
- Interest or involvement in the arts preferred.
- Due to our Marin Headlands location, reliable vehicle access is required.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
60% Provide routine physical maintenance for Headlands’ buildings and grounds:
- Clean studio buildings and residences
- Maintain stock and inventory
- Assist in regular maintenance, janitorial and repairs
30% Provide technical support for resident artists, public programs and special events:
- Set up facilities for public events and reconfigure rooms afterwards
- Work with various staff members and artists to set-up furniture, sound and audiovisual equipment as needed
- Facilitate artists’ use of woodshop; provide training and assistance for appropriate use of equipment
10% Assist Facilities Manager with renovation, construction and landscaping projects as directed, and perform other duties as needed.
COMPENSATION AND OFFICE CULTURE:
- $ 35,000 Annual Salary; Permanent, non-exempt
- Time and a half paid for overtime
- Three weeks paid vacation per year, increases to four weeks at year 2
- 11 paid holidays annually
- Sunday – Thursday; exact hours to be determined with supervisor, occasional evenings
- Medical/dental benefits paid 100% by employer. Kaiser PPO and Delta dental both effective after one full month of employment
- Flex spending (Health savings account) and 401K plan available, employee contribution only
- Fast-paced convivial work environment in beautiful natural setting
- Dynamic creative community and direct access to working artists; access to local and organic food program
- Like all of Headlands staff, this position serves as an ambassador for the organization and may be asked to engage directly with the visiting public
Headlands is an equal opportunity employer.
Volunteer at Fall Open House | Sunday, October 19 | 12PM – 5PM
We’re in need of a few volunteers to help out with Open House. Please choose a time and task from the list below. Contact email@example.com with questions, or to sign up by Monday, October 6!
Choose 1: time
Morning shift: 11:30AM – 2:30PM
Afternoon shift: 2:15PM – 5:15PM
Choose 1: task
Headlands will provide lunch for all volunteers!
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
Interested in volunteering? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.